Mixed Berry Lattice-Top Pie



Pies are not my favorite thing to make. I always struggle with the crust. And this time around, I decided I was going to lattice the top without a stencil like I did here.

As you can see from the picture above, my edging could use some more practice.

Although, I should mention, a less than perfect asethetically pleasing crust still makes for a deliciously good one. To get started, click here for the recipe and see what I learned so you can make yours even better than mine.



Mixed Berry Lattice-Top Pie Recipe


Yield: Makes 8 servings
Prep time 30 minutes


Ingredients:


Filling


  •     1/2 cup sugar
  •     3 tablespoons cornstarch
  •     2 cups fresh or frozen red raspberries
  •     1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
  •     1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
  •     Milk (optional)
  •     Sugar (optional)

Pastry for Lattice-Top Pie


  •     2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  •     3/4 teaspoon salt
  •     2/3 cup shortening
  •     8 tablespoons cold water


See Full Recipe please visit :  Mixed Berry Lattice-Top Pie